« I see what you did there | Main | Simple electric trains »

April 24, 2015

Turbocharged cremation

Crematorium fire sparked by 500-pound body

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — A fire that damaged the roof at Southside Cremation Services on Crump Street in eastern Henrico was likely sparked by a "rather large body," according to fire investigators.

The fire started when the furnace used to cremate the 500-pound body got too hot, Henrico Fire spokesman Capt. Daniel Rosenbaum said.

"The Henrico Fire Marshal's office has determined the cause of the fire to have been accidental in nature," Rosenbaum wrote in an email. "The rubber roofing near the smoke stack was ignited by the heat of the stack."

Three people inside the building made it out of the building unharmed. Fire crews from both Henrico and Richmond quickly got the fire under control and extinguished, Rosenbaum said. [...]

Posted by joke du jour at April 24, 2015 09:02 PM

« I see what you did there | Main | Simple electric trains »

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://crainium.net/ajw-mt/mt-tb.fcgi/8937

Comments

Post a comment




Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)

Send this to a friend

E-mail this entry to:


Your e-mail address:


Message (optional):